- You will need 2 types of conditioners: one for rinsing and one for detangling.
- Wet your hair with lukewarm water. Add a generous handful of your rinsing conditioner to your scalp.
- Gently massage the first conditioner onto your scalp in a circular motion with your fingertips. This action will help loosen up excess dirt, oil and product buildup.
- Rinse out the rinsing conditioner thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Add a generous amount of your detangling conditioner to your hair. Massage in well with fingertips.
- Detangle hair using a Denman brush or wide-tooth comb.
- Rinse out the detangling conditioner thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- To seal in moisture, do a final rinse with cold water. This will close the hair shaft and seal in moisture & nutrients.
Cleansing your hair with conditioner is a great way to keep your tresses as hydrated as possible. Here's our top tips on how to effectively do a conditioner wash:
This morning I made an important discovery. I used a prewash treatment (read: tested as we test everything before we offer to it you) then I cleansed my hair & scalp with Clean Air Conditioner. After that I conditioned with an amazing coming-soon conditioner. After a spritz of O'Honey Curl Mist and a bit of Cocoveda Hair Oil, my hair feels amazing! I've got it in a protective style at the moment.
So here it is - if you have Afrokinky hair, we recommend a conditioner wash routine as follows: prewash, conditioner cleanse, conditioner rinse, detangle & style.
My Afrokinky hair hasn't been this soft in years!!